Why a Little Prevention Now Can Save You Lots of Money Later
Posted on: Wednesday, April 12th, 2017
Everyone has a budget and sometimes it can seem like seeing your dentist is just an unnecessary expense. After all, if you skip a couple of cleanings, there doesn’t seem to be any major damage, does there? Actually, keeping to your proper dental maintenance schedule is the very best way to keep your expenses down.
Have you ever seen an older person with missing teeth? They might not even realize that if they had kept to an ideal schedule, they might still have every tooth. The minimum schedule for seeing your dental hygienist and also getting an examination is twice a year. Some people, depending on their dental issues, should actually see their dentists more frequently. (Your dentist will tell you if you should have more frequent visits.)
When you come for one of these maintenance visits to Drs. Wright and Greenaway at Fall Creek Dentistry, a number of things will happen:
- You will get an expert cleaning and polishing to remove all possible deposits.
- A visual exam will tell us if there is any damage such as cavities or infections that should be addressed.
- If needed, we will take x-ray images to tell us if there are any problems we can’t see visually. For example, could you have impacted wisdom teeth that are causing damage to the adjacent teeth or hidden infections in your jaw bones?
- We will also check for other problems that would cause excessive wear and tear such as signs of tooth grinding or misalignments in your bite.
- We will also examine you for any signs of mouth cancer.
- If it appears that you need any instruction in how to care for your teeth at home, we are happy to provide that help.
Our job is to provide you with the help and advice you need to keep your teeth healthy. We are happy to offer this same service to every Fishers, Indiana family. We know that there’s a much better chance to have a full set of healthy teeth even into your senior years, when the right care is taken in your earlier years. Where things really get expensive is when there are missing teeth that require replacement teeth or rampant gum disease that needs extensive surgery to remedy. It’s so much better and cheaper to prevent the problems.If you’re due for one of those examinations or cleaning, call Drs. Wright and Greenaway at Fall Creek Dentistry and let us ensure you always have the right care that keeps those teeth shiny and healthy! Call (317) 596-8000 today.
"I've been going to Dr. Greenaway for about 8 years, and I am very pleased with her services."
- Jan G.